Saturday, March 25, 2006

Senior Banquet



Well tonight was the "Senior Banquet." It was a free banquet for all graduating seniors, basically just a night to get all dressed up, give out "most likely to" awards, have a talent show and announce the senior gift to Wheaton.

It was a fun enough night. I got to sit next to some pretty cool people so we were having fun. They kept mentioning that there were only 43 days left to graduation. I sort of guess that this night serves to remind us all that "oh yeah, we are leaving soon, so let's enjoy it." Afterwords we took the "class picture in Edman Chapel. This picture above is of almost all remaining floormates of mine who spent both freshman and sophmore years on 2 east. It's good to keep the memories alive.

Afterwords, lots of people were having get togethers and parties. I stopped by one to see a friend who was visiting for the weekend who had graduated last year, and then moved to the HNGR house to watch the motorcycle diaries with some friends. It's a beautiful movie (one that I've seen before) but makes me excited about learning spanish next year and possibly travelling to south america at some point in the future, something I never would have considered before a couple of years ago.

Also, in other news. My roommate and I are currently hosting 2 students visiting from Franciscan university in Ohio. Franciscan (as the name suggests) is a Catholic university comparable with wheaton, where there is a large proportion of students who take their faith very seriously. It has been fun (in whatever brief moments we've had) to interact with some Catholics who know a lot about their faith and who have a palpable love for Christ and his church. It's so refreshing especially to me as I've grown up around many Catholics who don't know much about their faith and for who it doesn't play a large role in their lives, I hope to have more chances over this weekend to learn from these Catholic brothers of mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL! Graduation! Scary business really! Now you have to go and use your skills of passing ketchup and stuff! (private joke!)

Well I miss you heaps and we are all really looking forward to seeing you again!

Boggle just isn't the same when I'm not kicking Mike's butt!!!! Hee hee!

Looks like you had fun at your banquet!
Talk soon boy!

Benjamin Washam said...

Mike, thanks for putting the pics up of banquet. I have now officially resurrected my blog. So you can start checking it for stuff. There are two new posts at this point that you might want to look at.

Benjamin