Saturday, March 18, 2006

If I don't post now, I probably never will...

Hey Everyone,

So I've realized that the longer you go without posting the harder it is to get yourself back and posting again, so as much as I don't want to post right now, I'll give it a try.

First of all, Happy Paddy's Day! I hope you're having fun wherever you are. Chicago decided to celebrate St. Patrick's day last week with a parade and the traditional turning of the river a bright neon green colour, but today Wheaton was definitely celebrating it's own 'wear green day'. This of course means that our dining hall gets off from it's normal culinary goodness with making corn-beef and boiled cabbage....wow....and don't forget all our normal favourite desserts but with green icing or green sprinkles on top (My favourite was the "Irish Texas Sheet Cake").

Second, No I still haven't heard yet if I've got into medicine anywhere. I've applied to four schools through UCAS (The UK central admissions office) and heard rejections from my third and four choices (Glasgow and leeds respectively) and so am waiting to hear back from my top two Southampton and Newcastle (where I had an interview a two weeks ago).

In other news, this is also an important time in America called "March Maddness" where the College League basketball finals are going on. Everyone fills out a brackett with the teams they think will win each match and the one who gets the most games right wins. My roommate is pretty into watching all the games he can, and so has found that for the first time the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) is streaming all the games to be seen for free online, in really good quality, so he's busy watching away as I write. The greatest thing about watching this on the internett is a small red button located towards the bottom of the screen simply named "BOSS BUTTON." If you see your boss walk by when you're watching this game at work you simply press this button and instantly the screen turns into a highly complex Financial Spread sheet with no trace of laziness or dossing in sight. One other single clicks on one of the cells in the spread sheet brings you back to the game.

I think it's amazing, and really tells you something about the world that we live in that we have a built in feature in order to fool our bosses. That's the work ethic that I like to see.

Alright, well I've got a few other things I'd like to talk about, but I'll have to post them later. This is basically to let you all know (whoever still check my site and I know there are a few of you ...I have a counter) that I'm back.

All the best and God bless.

1 comment:

Mark said...

And I quote the "Boss Button" spreadsheet:

1 - What the heck is going on in San Francisco?
2 - Whose idea was it to open a plant in Charlotte?
3 - As can be seen above, L.A. had a bad year
4 - Remember, cheering in the office gives you away
5 - Davis in Accounting is responsible for all these figures

High comedy