Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Med School Update

Hey everyone,

Well I got some more news on med school today. I was officially rejected from Newcastle (the place I went to have an interview over spring break). This means that with just one more decision to come (from the hardest school to get into that I applied to) I'm sort of doubting that England is going to end up being an option. So it looks as though I'll be headed to California for the next few years (but that is also still up in the air).

The plan now is to move to California where I will finish some classes I have left to take that particualrly are asked for by California schools. I'll try to work at the same time, and hopefully get some money for applications (each costs a couple hundred to apply to). I'm not completely sure if I'll be in Ventura or not for the year (I'd like to be there) but also some of my HNGR bros and sistas are contemplating living together in San Diego next year, which could be appealing especially cause one of my goals for next year is to learn spanish hard core, as that will be really important if I want to get into American schools, and I would love having the community of like minded people to be with. I'm also considering the idea of living with a spanish speaking family for the year to try and immerse myself somewhat in spanish, we'll see if that works out.

Anyway, keep praying for me as my plans get firmed up and I make decisions. I'll hear officially from Southampton in April, but again not expecting much there.

Thanks for all your prayers during this crazy and exciting time of my life, to God be the glory for whatever he has planned for me.

All the best,

Michael

3 comments:

mhkingsley said...

Hey bro, bummed to hear that (probably more than you are). We'll be praying for you and the decisions that follow.

Anonymous said...

Hey babe, I'm so sorry to hear that- really you have no idea, I was kinda getting used to the thought that you'd be only an hour or two away. God will work it all out, He always does!

Thinking of you and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!!!
Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. Have been ever since you left the great state of Nebraska.

God's fulfilling His purposes for you. You may not see them yet, but he is.

Oh... and I think I should get this whole caravan to Chicago started soon. It'd be fun to come up there :)
Blessings! *emmy lou*