Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dan Chen Rocks My World!

Hey I just wanted to give a plug for my ex-floor-mate's website www.chennergy.com . Dan is living and working in chicago and has a passion for working with the homeless. He does photography to "pay the bills", but his talent is crazy. Even his wedding photos are pieces of art. You should definitely check out his portfolio online.....quality stuff. It's guys like Dan and Banksy (who i mentioned in a previous post) who are restoring a respect and passion for art in my life.

-for a personal update-

I had my last day of classes yesterday, and now it's a study week before our first two exams, then another week off and then our clinical exam. One cool thing coming up in the next week though, is that Stina Kielsmeier a friend from Wheaton, who's been studying for a year in Cairo, doing a masters in refugee studies (or migration..?) is flying through London and has a killer 16 hour layover, and so hopefully, flights and everything going to plan, I'm going to meet up with her next friday and hang out in london till her next flight. It'll be cool to hear all about her experiences, and to get a break from studying. I still can't believe this will only be my 2nd trip to london since moving here....not cool, but with 30 pound return tickets for only an hour train journey....i can't go up there every weekend like I had imagined i would....ah well, I should enjoy the chances I do get though.

3 comments:

mhkingsley said...

praying for you and the exams bro.

Anonymous said...

Totally enjoyed the brilliant Chen photo links..and touring all the Banksy sites was fun too. Speaking of which..the following link (re: the smash and grab robbery of nine Banksy prints) caught my eye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/6738287.stm

Unknown said...

Hey Michael,
yes, you're right, those pictures are pretty dang stunning:) How are you doing? Are you drowning in exams at the moment? E-mail me when you get the chance, or when you need a break from studying;)