Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm finally accepted.....

So these are apparently the type of students I will be joining at SOTON (I guess that's some sort of short hand for the University of Southampton...don't ask me). Today I got an email from UCAS to say that my offer and requirements have been officially confirmed, which means I technically and officially and in spirit have a place in Medicine at SOTON this Autumn. Although I knew that I would meet the requirements of the offer, they couldn't confirm my place until they had done a criminal background check (don't know how I passed that) and declared me physically fit (i.e. most importantly I don't have the dreaded hepatitis B). So today they were able finally to confirm this. So I'm going. Now all I have to do is go, study, pass some exams and ....oh yeah, pay for it all...... sounds pretty "easy" right?

In other news my cousin Liz is leaving early tomorrow (thursday) morning to go back to America and figure out what she's going to do with her life. This finally ends a summer of non-stop travel accross most of western Europe. Pray for her that God will let her know what it is that God has for her in this life. Stuff much more complicated when you haven't a clue what you want/are supposed to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes, we too had to fulfill all that was in the "pre-matriculation checklist" in order to actually be able to start, like background check, physical, HIPAA on-line training etc. The picture is amusing:) You have another month free or something though, right?

Anonymous said...

Love the picture.. Looks like I now have a place to send my rare and exotic collection of neckties (about two of which I now wear..the funeral tie or the wedding tie..).

Anonymous said...

okay michael, time to get away from your studies and update the rest of us on life as a up and coming pre-med. come on, you're not that busy.