Wednesday, August 03, 2005


I don't quite know how to tell you this but I got married...well not really. I went up to this resort town called Siem Reap, with the staff of the organization that I went with (they were given a gift of 1000 dollars from an ex-missionary for them to go do something fun, they really diserved it). While we were there we went to what's called the "Cambodian Cultural Village" it's a bit like Bunratty Castle where there's old homes set up and "real Cambodians!" walking around doing things from each of the ethnic groups. They also have perfomances, like this one of a tribal wedding where the woman gets to choose her husband. I think it was because I stick out a little here (I was the only white person in the crowd) and about the right age that they chose me to go up and get married. So I did. It was really, REALLY funny, and my staff friends got loads of great laughs and pictures from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the White legs!!! Who wouldnt want to marry you!!!