Thursday, February 19, 2009

Classic Article from the Irish Times. Worth the read.

ONE FROM THE ARCHIVE/JANUARY 30TH, 2001: RUGBY PEOPLE. Can’t live with them. Can’t shoot them. Mainly can’t live with them. Can’t afford to live with them. Haven’t the bloodlines to live with them. Haven’t the patience to live with them. Haven’t the language skills to live with them. Haven’t the desire even. Rugby people have always been college scarves and jutting jaws and silly songs I don’t know the words of.

C-A-N-N-O-T live with them...


read on at:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0218/1224241330694.html?via=mr

1 comment:

mhkingsley said...

My favorite line: "My ears were always red and sore and my shoulders ached. Sometimes, to take my mind off all that, the opposing hooker would kindly give me a kick in the face."