Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Congrats!

So we've finally done it! After years of maintaining peer pressure, the government ensuring that there's nothing better to do, and a healthy dose of advertising by Diageo...we've finally secured the top spot of the EU's most binge-drinking nation.

Aparently 34% of Irish people replied in a survey that they binge drink (more than 5 drinks in 1 sitting- hardly "binge drinking" if you ask me) regularly. We beat Finland with 27% and the UK with 24%. Not bad. Well done to all those involved in making this such a success.

2 comments:

SvenJosefson said...

Actually if you would like to come to Stockholm and hang on an average Friday night downtown then you would be even more suprised and wonder why Sweden isn't higher than number five. I guess its cause' the government owns the booze! Well catch you next year.

Mark said...

I guess I would've expected Germany to be up there. Shows how much I know about alcohol, Europe and alcohol in Europe.