Wednesday, November 08, 2006

He's in pain and he's my brother...

Hey everyone, I heard news from my Dad today (by way of text message) that my brother, Matt, was taken into Accident and Emergency at St. Vincents Hospital today and wasn't doing well. It all started last week when my brother went in for a "routine" procedure to deal with some ingrown toenails... I know not nice. Anyway, they had to remove the nail, and subsequently the wound has got really badly infected (if you want to know more about the background to this, and see a REALLY unseemly picture then click here for Matt's Blog).

Anyway, he's been a bit up and down with pain and feeling sick, but today got really bad and his surgeon recomended that they take him right away into the A&E, so now Matt is in a bed at Vincent's with a severe case of cellulitis and probably not having much fun. Please include Matt in your prayers (if you normally pray and even if you don't...it can't hurt), I know he'd really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Can do. (And, wow, that picture is pretty nasty.) Dana tells me that you were right--she already had your address. Oh well. You can expect an email from her about tux measurements soon.

Anonymous said...

Dear me, poor Matt. That looks rather awful. I guess its the year of brothers with foot injuries. I pray they've been able to do something for his pain and that it will heal quickly with a minimum of adverse effects!